I know it’s probably not recommended as it makes you more pessimistic but one of the self help websites I came across while looking at how pointless CBT would be asked you to write down every single thing in your life you have you missed out on because of your anxiety and as I am the most miserable and depressed blogger with social anxiety on wordpress (look at the title of blog for proof!) I thought I would anyway. Then I can wallow in yet more self pity again and probably drink more alcohol as I have not had any today yet.
- Dropped out of college after 2 days
- So also never went to university
- Never went out socialising so never developed a network of friends
- Never dared ask a girl out so never had a relationship ever! No first date, no first kiss, nothing. However don’t forget my penis not knowing how to work until I was 27 which made me confused to say the least.
- Obviously no family
- OR sex!
- Never learnt to drive
- Never got passport or been abroad, my family were also nuts so never went on holiday when I was young.
- Got job but only in menial warehouse work as mad people always get shoved into this kind of thing
- Unable to ever get promotion or move on as too shy to apply for other positions and I was convinced all other people hated me. (Some did!)
- after redundancy applied for only 2 jobs and then accepted death
- Did not even apply for benefits after redundancy and so have not paid NI in years meaning I am not entitled to any job seeker allowance or full state pension
- Oh yes, never been for any help from GP
I am sure there are more.